Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Been A While

I forgot I had a blog....

Anyway, for those of you who actually give a shit about what I do, here it is.

I've now been at Full Sail for over a year. In my time here, I've worked on numerous projects. I've had a blast working on films and music videos, and I'm now deciding where to go after school (more on that later). I've learned a lot over the last fourteen months or so, and will continue to learn more everyday. 

My directing portfolio is starting to shape up nicely. Since at Full Sail, I've written and directed, "Amore", "5-27-08", "The Big Blind", "Enema Strikes Back", and "Ladies' Night". "Enema", was co-written by Lamar Williams, and "5-27-08" was co-written and directed by, Candi Reeder, Lamar Williams, Justin Slover, and Matt Schmid.

"Ladies' Night" has been chosen for consideration for the Los Angeles Film Festival, which I'm very happy about. The cast and crew on the film were phenomenal. We all had a blast making it. 

"The Big Blind" has been chosen for consideration for the Ohio Independent Film Festival. "The Big Blind" was a fun project for me, because I was able to shoot a movie that was inspired by some of my favorite mafia films growing up.

I've had some amazing experiences the last fourteen months. When I say amazing, I mean good AND bad. Thankfully the good outweighs the bad... All of these experiences have helped me grow as a writer, a director and overall human being.

Lately I've been writing some jokes for a stand up routine I'm working on. I'll be going to open mic nights soon, but more on that at another time.

Hopefully I will have some time to update this more often. Not that anyone really cares.

Peace,

D.R.

1 comment:

Willie said...

if you like to make movies then come to mnwfilms.blogspot.com and see my movies.